Thursday 21 January 2021

 Artist Research


Artist David Smith, nice dilapidated futuristic building, that's how I see at least.




Artist Derrick Lin, @marsder on Instagram, creates some of the most interesting dioramas of any I found. I instantly was awestruck by these images, well before realising how he had achieved these and what they were made from. Lin attempts to capture the anxiety and stress of adhoc agency life, a lifestyle that he lived for many years, through the use of everyday items to those working in offices. To give an idea of scale he regularly places a pencil somewhere in the scene but most amazingly all of the structures, pavements and objects are made from simply piling jotters, textbooks, folders and cardboard boxes. A perfect example and combination of intent through material. really like this work



Artist Randy Hage, it was from these photos found on the website colossal, which I really enjoy the name of, which focuses on miniature and scale model artists that I thought building a section of wall would suit my needs as much as an entire structure would.


Artist Joshua Smith, A New York city building that he passes a lot on his way to the nearby subway remade in, I think, 1/35 scale




Artist Simon Laveuve, He tries to capture scenes of a post apocalyptic nature and the structures that may be found in such a setting. Extremely impressive and intricate work.


Artist Lori Nix and Kathleen Gerber, this artist duo I focused on in my essay so won't go on at length for but there interest in similar spaces as the focus I am dialing down into makes them a perfect source.



No comments:

Post a Comment